Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Yesterday

I got crafty yesterday. I made this.
We were supposed to make these for an enrichment activity that never happened. I decided to make it on my own because I'm always trying to plan my weekly menus on scraps of paper that seem to get misplaced a lot. I am not normally a craft-making person. I am not creative. I can't draw or decorate or sew or anything that I would like to be able to do. So I am so proud of myself for doing this. It mostly just required printing and laminating, but it counts, I made it. I typed up all the meals I make and hot glued magnets on them so I could put them on this print out. The color scheme is a little wonky because our printer ran out of ink, so now its yellow and green rather then red and brown.

Also yesterday Lane had his 4 month doc visit and his shots. He's actually a few days short of 4 months but who's keeping track. He did way better this time. After his first round of shots at two months he screamed all day and it was miserable for both of us. This time he was his normal self and he slept well, which is a miracle because that never happens. He likes to wake up every two hours and the doctor said we need to let him cry it out at night. I've tried, but Tony and I both can't do it.

He laughed during his physical exam because he's ticklish.

The doctor said he's about ready for size four diapers. I was like no way. At this rate he'll be wearing depends in a few months.

His stats are: weight 18 lbs 13 oz, height 26 inches, head I can't remember but it was 60th percentile.

He's a big dude. He can only wear pants with an elastic waist. I've tried jeans up to 12 months but they don't even come close. Oh well. Stretchy pants it is.









We ended the day by watching Raising Hope again. Not so funny this week. Although I did laugh when the guy had a rubber boot stuck on his head.

And just for fun here's a cousin shot with the new guy Ian. This was really the best shot I got of them. They need to work on there modeling skills. Ian at least has the nice tan going for him. He's so cute!

8 comments:

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

That meal planner is SO awesome. You did such a good job. Lane is soooo cute and getting big! Danny has always woke up a ton during the night. We've never let him cry it out either. That would be so hard. I don't know if we will ever be able to : (. I bet you are dead tired all the time.
I told Nick I want to take Danny to the Portland zoo when the weather gets warmer. We might as well stop by and give Lane a few squeezes!

doodooguru said...

hhheeellooo. could you post that chart with your meals every week so I don't have to plan.

Teresa's Neighbor said...

I'm in. If we all did a week's worth of menus after you made us those chart thingys we'd only have to do it every 300 days. Seriously, make me one. And I thought my cousin pictures were bad til I saw yours. Why are my shoulders up around my ears? And what are those wrinkles around my double chin. Why do you alter your photos like that?

shelly said...

That's one totally awesome meal planner!
That's funny about the depends =)

Kara Lyn said...

Lane is by far the cutest baby boy I have seen!! He is so cute!!!!!! I showed Dee Dee the video of Lane laughing and she laughed right along with him. We need to get together sometime. When are you headed home again? I am very impressed with your dinner planning skills. You are awesome! I wish I had an excuse to wear stretchy pants all day. Lane is so lucky.

Ash said...

Ditto to Melissa and your mom's comments about meal planning. I will steal your meal ideas because I get tired of thinking of things to make. We did enjoy your cranberry chicken though; thanks! We're saving the jack soup for later. I have to laugh; Luke wears size 4 diapers and he's 2 1/2. I need to fatten my kids up!

Carly&Seth said...

YaYa also wears size 4 diapers haha. that is so cute about the stretchy pants.

Travis said...

Hey Mom, that picture Bre took of you reminds me how Tyler and I would pretend to be football players when we were young. We didn't have any shoulder pads, so we ran around like crazy people with our shoulders raised toward our ears. Good times.