Friday, November 12, 2010

An introduction to Lane

Lane is now 2 1/2 weeks old. We're exhausted. Yesterday Lane weighed 9 lbs 10 oz and he's gained almost an inch in length. He's really good at growing. This is one of his favorite sleeping positions.
It still doesn't seem real that I'm a mom, but it's slowly sinking in.
His eyeballs like to move out of sync with each other.I love his cross eyed face.


This morning Tony and I named the sound that Lane makes all the time. It sounds like a cross between a goat and a dolphin, hence the term golphin grunt. Also, when he stretches he makes a face like a turtle. Sorry, I haven't caught that one on camera yet. Here's a video we took a few days ago. I wanted to make it a little shorter but I don't know how. Feel free to stop watching at any time. I won't be offended. But Lane may not be your friend

8 comments:

Margie Quilter said...

Bre, he is so cute!!!

Teresa's Neighbor said...

Shorter? I tried to make it l o n g e r..... He obviously is trying to say he wants to go to Pendleton. I speak fluent golphin grunt.

shelly said...

Yeah, I enjoyed the full minute. Looks like I'll be the favorite aunt =) He's so cute. I don't know how you manage to be quiet on the video. I'm always blabbing away and then I realize it and regret it when I play it back.

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

What a cute little boy. It's funny how every tiny move or sound they make seems so fun to us. He has big beautiful eyes. Lucky boy! Hope you can get a little rest soon. I can't wait to meet him!

Carly&Seth said...

he is so handsome! i can't wait to meet him. B sounded like a donkey when she would cry when she was little. i hope my little boy makes golphin noises.

Amie Orton said...

Yes, I'm so glad to hear someone elses baby makes this noise! I know it is the exact same one, by the way you described it. I tried to describe it to the doctor and ended up lookin and sounding really really really stupid.

We've been calling it billy goat. But now that you said it, it does definately have a dolphin tone mixed in. haha.

So he is just handsome and so darling. Can't wait to meet him.

Kara Lyn said...

What a handsome son you have. You guys are very lucky. He is super great. Now only if we lived closer than we could hang out. That would be great.

whitney allison said...

Yea more pictures! If it makes you feel any better, I can't believe you're a mom either! I'm allowed to grow up but no one else is. He's adorable! I love when they just sleep on you...even though that stage comes with utter exhaustion. He'll get a little better and you'll get a little more used to functioning without sleep, ah compromise. Anyway, way to be a mom.

PS, nice IV bruise!