I was originally just going to email this photo to Shelly because I just got this outfit and I think she might think it's as cute as I do. However, it's a tad bit too small. It's size 3-6 months. Apparently the person who designs these clothes has very skinny babies because you might notice Lane is bustin out of it. I still love it though.
This photo is from Thanksgiving. We had lots of kids around. Travis sat down planning to enjoy his stuffing, but these two sniffed him out and threatened to upturn his bowl if he didn't share. He backed down.
I had planned on letting relatives watch the kid while I caught up on some sleep. Didn't happen, but it was still a lot of fun. Maybe Christmas will work out a little better.
I was considering writing my labor story but it just seems so whiny to me. Now that I've been through it I can't believe how mild everyone elses stories are. To me pregnancy, labor, and actually taking care of a baby are way harder than I ever imagined. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not very tough (which I'm not) or if everyone else is just superwoman. Luckily it's rewarding and I'm glad we did it now that it's all over with (except for the taking care of the baby part). Now I'm trying to figure out how to have another kid without having it hurt. So far I got nothin.
I had planned on letting relatives watch the kid while I caught up on some sleep. Didn't happen, but it was still a lot of fun. Maybe Christmas will work out a little better.
I was considering writing my labor story but it just seems so whiny to me. Now that I've been through it I can't believe how mild everyone elses stories are. To me pregnancy, labor, and actually taking care of a baby are way harder than I ever imagined. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not very tough (which I'm not) or if everyone else is just superwoman. Luckily it's rewarding and I'm glad we did it now that it's all over with (except for the taking care of the baby part). Now I'm trying to figure out how to have another kid without having it hurt. So far I got nothin.
7 comments:
Amen! To everything you said. But you're not a whiner. Everybody whines. It's tough! Although, we did try to take Lane while you slept over Thanksgiving. I thought you got in some naps. Anyway, we'll do it again soon! Okay, the fact that he's busting out of that outfit makes it even cuter. Maybe it's supposed to be tight, like those Children's Place sleepers. That picture with Aves and Langdon makes me laugh. She looks like such a little punk. Keep getting some free time so I can see more blogging!
I'm sorry Shelly, you and the rest of the family were very helpful and I did get some good naps in. I just should have taken more!
At the risk of sounding like the cliched adoring grandma, that kid is ADORABLE. I do think his hair is turning red. No naps at Christmas, must play games.
He is adorable. Even non-relatives would gush about his good looks. Games is always our goal, but those kids wear us out! However, I'm willing to push through the exhaustion for it!
Tell Lane that sometimes my buttons struggle to contain me too -- particularly after I've consumed a big bowl of Stove Top stuffing all by myself.
I would have gotten away with it...if it hadn't been for those meddling kids!
Um, clearly you don't read my blog because I whine about being pregnant all the time! Being pregnant is so hard and you just never think its going to be like that...at least I didn't. As for labor, I had it pretty easy. I mean, right before I got the epidural I had the shakes and was puking and had the runs BUT after that it was smooth sailing... except for the 15 stitches I had to heal from. I've had friends who pushed for hours and everything else though so I'm sorry if that was you.
As for having a brand new baby, it is SUPER HARD!!! It gets so much easier as they get older, at least I think so. But don't feel like a whiner, its hard, way hard and if people say it isn't hard, they're lying.
Bre!! I'm so excited about you're darling baby! Sorry I snuck on to your blog from Whitney's I hope that's ok. He is so dang cute congratulations!
Post a Comment