Saturday, March 13, 2010

The things people say

So the other night I got up at about 3 am to use the bathroom and when I was climbing back into bed I heard Tony say with his eyes still closed:
"I could be."
Me: "Could be what?"
Tony: "A professional"
Me: "A professional what?"
Tony: "I don't know"
And that was all he said.
The next morning he said he was being questioned at his job as to whether he was truly a professional. Tony talks in his sleep a lot and because I'm awake a lot I get to hear many funny comments from him. Sometimes he just mumbles but quite often he speaks very clearly and uses hand gestures. I'm tempted to set up a camera to capture and share all the funny things he does. It's really too bad that I'm the only one that gets to hear all the bizarre things he says. Some of my favorites are "big ol' driveway" with the tips of his fingers pressed together and "Oh that's how you do it? Just pull out the knife like that?" I can't even imagine what that dream was about.

Another funny comment came from a random person yesterday. We stopped at 7/11 to pick up some snacks and when I turned around after picking out a large bottle of strawberry milk the woman standing behind me said, "Oh yeahhhh". Which made me laugh because I had a liter size bottle of strawberry milk and a bag of peach-o's in my hand and she realized what an awesome combination a snacks I had made. I guess my healthy food cravings are gone.

And on an unrelated note, yesterday I went to the dentist and they put some goopy stuff all over my teeth and said that I shouldn't eat anything hot or crunchy and I shouldn't brush my teeth until tomorrow. So I tried to eat a luke-warm corn dog when I got home and it tasted like I was dipping my corn dog in toothpaste. It was gross. So I brushed my teeth and enjoyed the rest of my meal. But for the rest of the night I was picking the stuff out of my teeth and eating what I couldn't' get out.

This made me think about how I never question what the dentist wants to do. If I had been given the option to put some gross goopy stuff on my teeth which is supposed to be really good for them, but it would make food taste bad and you will want to take it off as soon as you get home, I would have opted out. Even the hygienist thought it was dumb because when she was all done she said she would just brush her teeth as soon as she got home. Silly dentist people and silly me.

My final comment is that it is four in the morning and I cannot sleep and that is probably why I am rambling on so much. I have nothing else to do. I am not awake because I can't sleep but because I went to bed at 8 pm. So I have received a full 8 hours of sleep and I am up and wide awake before most of the world. This drives Tony crazy because he thinks we are still young and need to enjoy late nights. Hopefully I'll be able to break this habit to make Tony happy and hopefully if Tony is ever asked if he is a professional at his job his response is more professional than "I could be."

3 comments:

shelly said...

I like your 4am rants. I'm often awake and can't sleep in the wee hours as well. It's good that you just decided to write, because fighting it is the worst. Just do something and accept that you can't sleep now, but come 7am, you'll be exhausted and putting in movies for the kid so you can take a nap! Oh wait, that's me. I like the "oh yeah" lady =)

Travis said...

Funny post. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Mad Libs edition of Tony's Sleep Talk. "I could be a professional pet groomer."

Amie Orton said...

this is the funniest post ever. i told devin about it after i first read it and now we just read it again and are laughing so hard. especially the "big ol driveway."

OH so fuunny.

amie