In the past I have documented some of Tony's sleeping quirks. Parenthood has only increased his night time craziness and since the day Lane was born Tony has constantly mistaken his pillow for Lane. Last week I got into bed and started talking to Tony about whether I could leave Lane sleeping on his tummy or not. After a few minutes of sharing my thoughts Tony says, "where is he?" in a panicky voice. I said, "In the crib." He says, "so this isn't him?"(as he points to the pillow his head is laying on. "No, that's you're pillow." "Are you sure." "Yup." Another day that week he lifted up my leg telling me to stop squishing the baby. And he's offered me his pillow countless times asking if I want the baby. Obviously Lane does not share a bed with us because Tony would probably use him as a pillow, but he still thinks he's in the bed with us almost every night. Silly guy. I could write about a dozen things that he has said and done in the past two months that are pretty wacky but that is not the purpose of this blog. I hope this will be a reference for Tony if he ever gets confused again in the future about whether his pillow is a baby or not. Although they are both soft and squishy, here are some differences...
1. Lane will yell obscenities at you if you lay your head on his tummy
2. He will also, most likely, take a few swats at your head to get you off of him
3. If you pick up your pillow you will notice that it weighs substantially less than Lane
4. And lastly, they look quite a bit different.

Hopefully, Tony, this will clear up any confusion for you.
8 comments:
In Tony's defense, they are about the same length. That's the only thing I see, though. I'd love to hear more whacky sleep deprived Tony stories. Don't hold back.
Since that first comment, I read your post to Eric and couldn't get through it without crying because I'm laughing so hard. It's that part about the panic in his voice that gets me!
Sleep deprivation can make people do crazy stuff. Years ago, Dad was driving Tyler and me home from Portland on I-84 on a dark night. After a while, he said he was getting sleepy and asked me to take the reins. I moved into the driver seat and Dad took a seat in the back and quickly fell asleep.
Not long after our switch, I heard Dad snort and saw his arms flailing in the rear-view mirror. He let out a relieved sigh, and said he thought he had fallen asleep behind the wheel and was trying to regain control.
I should have told him not to worry, his pillow turned out to be an excellent driver.
Evidently pillows have strong suggestive powers. One night I spent several minutes helping my mother look for her father who she claimed was under her pillows. And from whom did Lane learn his cuss words?????
ha ha its true they are the same length Shelly! And I'd never heard that story about dad, that's a good one. And mom who do you think...
aaaah tears of laughter, seriously.
i'm going to read it again.
I laughed out loud several times while reading your post, Bre. I've learned it's even more funny if you read it while sleep deprived. I'm going to get Tony a pillow case with a full-body pic of Lane on it.
There have been times I would have preferred that Ashley thought the pillow was me when she wakes up in the middle of the night. Like the time she woke up and punched me in the chest. And then the time she did it again 20 minutes later.
Oh Bre, you are awesome. Tony is pretty sweet too. Lane is probably the sweetest.
Post a Comment